Wednesday 19 November 2014

10 or so things I think I think

I have taken this concept from another writer but I thought it would be interesting place to start

So, things that I think I think.

1. All music fits into three categories in my mind
     a. great music by talented people
     b. music I don't really get but the people that do it are very talented
     c. the dirge and waste by a collection of people including singers, writers, producers that may be   talented individually but produce rubbish

2. There is no best song or best album ever. There are not even favourites over a reasonable length of time. It changes so much and so constantly that it has to be broken into categories over time periods.

3. What is modern R&B? to me R&B was fantastic songs by people with amazing voices and was similar but slightly different to the Motown pop sound. Modern R&B is just pop music , and not very good pop music either

4. Pop music isn't always bad. but mainly it is.

5. When Taylor Swift announced she was leaving Spotify it made me quite happy for some reason.

6. U2 managed to shoot themselves in the foot so badly over the Itunes thing that when I am having a bad moment I think about it to cheer myself up

7. As we go through a northern hemisphere Autumn, there is nothing better to listen to than prog metal or rock. It fits that mood extremely well and I am always amazed by how much of it I just don't know.

8. I still don't get Jazz, which seems incongruous with # 7, but actually it is completely valid because of brass instruments used far to much

9. In power metal there is only Iron Maiden, everyone else is only there to show us how good Maiden are.

10. I feel bad for KISS. They should have stopped when the 70s ended. When they released 'I was made for loving you' it was in effect the end of them anyway. When I started school, the KISS logo was carved into almost every desk that I can remember sitting at. We went to birthday parties in KISS make up a couple of times. They are terrible, sad parodies of band now and they should just stop. They should have just stopped 34 years ago.


I am listening to this quite a lot at the moment


As well as this (still)


No comments:

Post a Comment